What are application roles?
Application roles are predefined application boundaries designed to provide client’s the ability to manage what permissions are granted to each person assigned access to a client within the Power365 platform which includes migration projects and directory sync workflows.
What application roles are available in Power365?
Power365 has 4 application roles. The roles are listed in order of access.
- System Administrator – Reserved for Internal Use. Grants an authenticated user full access to all clients within Power365. This role may grant other users access to applications and assign a permission role to their account.
- Client Administrator – Grants an authenticated user full access to the assigned client’s projects, Directory Sync and licenses. This role may grant other users access to applications and assign a permission role to their account.
- Power User – Grants an authenticated user full access to the assigned client’s projects and Directory Sync. This role may navigate projects, view reports and modify application configurations but cannot view Power365 licenses or grant others access.
- Operator – Grants an authenticated user access to the assigned client’s migration project and Directory Sync workflow functionality. This role may navigate projects, mange schedules, waves and migration related actions. This role cannot view Power365 licenses or reports, grant others access or modify application configurations including what is in and out of scope for migration.
How do I assign a role?
To assign a role you must first be granted the System or Client administrator roles. To add a user and assign a role follow these steps.
- Login to Power365.
- Click the action menu on the left in the top banner.
- Under the Favorites section, click Users + Mailboxes.
- Click Add User.
- Enter Email address. Email must be an Office 365 associated account to login.
- Enter First and Last Name.
- Select the Client you wish to grant access to from the drop-down list.
- Select the Role you wish to assign to the new user for this client.
- Click OK.