What is a user list?
A user list in this context is a list of matching source and target users, mailboxes, groups or public folders to be used as a mapping file for Power365 to migrate content.
When are user lists required?
User lists are required for all Basic Migration Project types and can be used as needed for all project types when utilizing the Update action in each management view.
Why would I need a user list?
There are several reasons to use the upload or update list feature. Some of the most common reasons are:
- To upload bulk Wave assignment changes to users or groups.
- To upload bulk Migration Profile assignment changes to users or groups.
- To fix mismatched users or groups before the first sync occurs.
- To upload a complete list of all users or groups for address translation and delegation mapping.
How do I format a user list?
There are just four easy columns. The first column is the Source User Principle Name (UPN), which is where the user or mailboxes currently reside. The second column is the Target User Principle Name (UPN) which is the target user or mailbox we want to map to. To make this easy, an example file can be downloaded at any time from the application.
|Source UPN||Target UPN||Migration Wave||Profile Name|
How do I upload a list?
Follow these steps to upload a list of users or groups.
- Login to Power365.
- Navigate to users or groups.
- Click Update.
- Click Download Example List.
- Use this example file to build your mapping list.
- After building your list, save as a CSV file.
- Click Select File.
- Locate the CSV file.
- Click Next.
- Review any errors, otherwise upload is complete.
- Verify the changes in the management view.
How do I update mismatched users?
Mismatched users can be corrected prior to the first sync or the Prepare action.
For more information about fixing mismatched users and groups, read this topic .
How do I manage migration waves in bulk using lists?
Migration waves can be assigned to users by uploading a list, through local AD group membership or setting it by selected users.
For more information about managing wave membership using lists, see our online help all about waves.
How do I manage migration profiles in bulk using lists?
Migration profiles can be assigned to users by uploading a list, setting it by wave or setting it by selected users.
For more information about managing profile assignment using lists, see our online help all about profiles.
How do I manage migration schedules in bulk using lists?
Migration schedules are assigned to a wave. Wave membership can be managed in bulk using a user list or by using local AD groups.
For more information about managing schedules using lists, see our online help all about schedules.